extract text from .docx files of Microsoft Office 2007-2016
successfully tested with Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10
recover text from .doc files of Microsoft Office 95-2003
restore text from Rich Text documents
MS Word Repair File Tool
eRepair Word (Download) repairs text from corrupted Microsoft Word and Rich Text documents in all versions and formats.
The Word recovery utility successfully reads and repairs text from all pages of the corrupt MS Word file. Word Repair Tool works with damaged files and fixes unreadable Word files with .rtf .doc, .docx, .dot and .dotx extensions. The Recovery module quick-scans damaged file and shows all the data that can be repaired and saved.
You can inspect and evaluate the recovery result right away on the second page of the Word file repair software. Word Repair Tool displays the text to be repaired from the corrupted Word file in the same way it's displayed in Microsoft Word. The Word document repair procedure takes just a few steps that can be done by any person, thanks to a user-friendly graphic interface.
Documents can be damaged:
- Due to user error
- Power outrage
- Incorrect firewall work
- False-positive mistake by antivirus software
- Virus infection
- Virus attack
- Hardware failure
- HDD/DVD/CD failure
- Incorrect work third-part software
- Software crash
- Accidental system shutdown
The demo version lets you view text that can be recovered from corrupted document. The program is distributed in try-before-buy form. Please download it and check whether it's possible to recover your Word data. The full version of eRepair Word will let you save the repaired content of the corrupted document.
The Word fix utility is compatible with the following OS:
- Windows 98/Me/NT 4.0/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8/8.1/10.
eRepair Word recovers text from all versions of Microsoft Word:
- 97, 2000, XP, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016.
- Microsoft Word must be installed.
- eRepair Word does not modify any data in the damaged source Word file. The tool reads the content of the corrupted Word file and exports the recovered data to your Microsoft Word program.
- eRepair Word is unable to repair data from password-protected (encrypted) files.
With eRepair Word you can fix next errors:
- The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions. Check the file permissions for the document or drive. Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document.
- Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges.
- Word cannot open this document template.
- Word was unable to read the document. It may be corrupt.
- FileName.doc file cannot be opened
- The file is corrupted and cannot be opened.
- Word document is corrupted.
- Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
- The document caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it?
- There is not enough memory or disk space to complete the operation.
- This document may be corrupt.
- The file appears to be corrupted.
- The file is corrupt and cannot be opened.
- The Document Template Is Not Valid.
- A file error has occurred.
- The Office Open XML file filename.docx cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents.
How it Works?
Download software from website: eRepairWordInstall.exe
Start Install software:
- Press on downloaded installation file in browser
- Select a downloaded installation file in Windows Explorer and press Enter or double click on it.
Please confirm warning message:
- Double click on icon on desktop:
- Select from main menu: Start | Programs | eRepair Word | eRepair Word
Please select a damaged Microsoft Word or Rich Text file (files with *.doc, *.docx, *.dot, *dotx, *.rtf extensions) on the first page of the repair wizard in eRepair Word:
Press Analyze button:
Please confirm a start of recovery process:
The program will read and analyze a damaged file within several minutes. Later on, you will see a text that was recovered from damaged file.
Press on Start recovery button
Select the type of recovered data:
- 11.1 save directly as a Microsoft Word file (Export to MS Word)
- 11.2 save as a text file (Save as Plain Text)
Type a file name if you selected item 11.2
On last page shows a detailed log of recovery process:
How to fix a corrupted Microsoft Word document? eRepair Word can recover text from damaged .doc, .docx or .rtf files in just a few clicks.